If you have installed the Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK), and have enabled JMX in our configuration files, there are some support operations that can be performed on-demand at runtime without needing to restart the server.
The Java Management Extension (JMX) interface allows you to access Alfresco through a standard JMX console that supports JMX Remoting (JSR-160). This lets you:
- Manage Alfresco subsystems
- Change log levels
- Enable or disable file servers (FTP/CIFS/NFS)
- Set server read-only mode
- Set server single-user mode
- Set server maximum user limit, including ability to prevent further logins
- Count user sessions/tickets
- User session/ticket invalidation
Example consoles include:
- JConsole (supplied with Java SE 5.0 and higher)
Some of these consoles also provide basic graphs and/or alerts for monitoring JMX-managed attributes.