Each version has a version number that is allocated sequentially and follows a similar strategy to Concurrent Versions System (CVS) version numbering. Generally, this version number is only used internally; the version label publicly identifies the version. The version label is calculated from the version number and gives a unique label for the version. This label is placed in the versionable aspect to indicate the related current version for a node.
There are various methods relating to the Versioning service:
- Create Version
- Create a new version of the referenced node at the end of the appropriate version history. Create a version history as the initial version if the node has none.
- Version History
- Get the version history that relates to the referenced node.
- Get Current Version
- Get the current version for a referenced node.
- Revert the state of a referenced node to that of a previous node.
- Restore Version
- Restore a previously deleted node from a version in its version history.
- Delete Version History
- Delete the version history for a versioned node.