This archetype should be used to extend the Alfresco Repository web application (alfresco.war).
- You work in a bigger team and want to develop, tag, and release a Repo module separately from the main Alfresco Extension project (All-in-One) that it is included in.
- You want to add, and contain, an extra Repo module in an All-In-One Project (useful when you don't have a Nexus artifacts repo to which you can release individual repo AMPs).
- You intend to build an Add-On, Component, Module etc that should be distributed independently.
The main features of this archetype are:
- AMP packaging - the supported packing type for Alfresco extensions.
- AMP dependency management in Maven.
- Installation of AMPs into an Alfresco WAR.
- Sample repository web script demonstrating how to implement a custom REST-based API.
- Content Model Skeleton XML file ready to be filled in with your domain specific content model.
- AMP Unit Testing support. Just run the standard mvn test and see your src/test/java Alfresco unit tests run. An sample Unit Test is provided in this archetype.
- Run embedded in Tomcat with an embedded H2 database for demo purposes (-Pamp-to-war),
rapid application development and integration testing. Important: This is not a supported stack, so it should only be used for development purposes.
- Support for (remote) Junit and integration testing and Rapid Application Development. This uses spring-loaded. Project can easily be launched for this scenario using run.sh.
- Easy to integrate with an IDE environment such as Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.