- Controls the Java-based SMB over TCP/IP implementation, which is compatible with Windows 2000 clients and later.
- Controls the Java-based NetBIOS over TCP/IP implementation, which is compatible with all Windows clients.
- Controls the JNI-based NetBIOS over TCP/IP implementation, which is only enabled for Alfresco servers running on Windows.
When one of the specified properties is not set, it deactivates support for the corresponding protocol implementation. The tcpipSMB and netBIOSSMB beans have a platforms property that allows their configuration to be targeted to Alfresco servers running on specific platforms. The property is formatted as a comma-separated list of platform identifiers. Valid platform identifiers are linux, solaris, macosx, and aix.
- The serverComment of the cifsServerConfig bean controls the comment that is displayed in various information windows.
Use the following steps for troubleshooting CIFS.
The sessionDebugFlags property of the
cifsServerConfig bean enables debug output levels for CIFS server
debugging. The value should be in the form of a comma-separated list of the flag
Flag Description NetBIOS NetBIOS layer State Session state changes Tree File system connection/disconnection Search Folder searches Info File information requests File File open/close FileIO File read/write Tran Transaction requests Echo Echo requests Errors Responses returning an error status IPC IPC$ named pipe Lock File byte range lock/unlock Pkttype Received packet type Dcerpc DCE/RPC requests Statecache File state caching Notify Change notifications Streams NTFS streams Socket NetBIOS/native SMB socket connections PktPool Memory pool allocations/de-allocations PktStats Memory pool statistics dumped at server shutdown ThreadPool Thread pool
The log4j.properties file must also have SMB/CIFS protocol
debug output enabled using:
The following logging level must also be enabled to log debug output from the core
file server code:
- The sessionDebugFlags property of the cifsServerConfig bean enables debug output levels for CIFS server debugging. The value should be in the form of a comma-separated list of the flag names.