You can create a site from anywhere in Alfresco, and are automatically made the manager of the site you create.
Tip: A site can have multiple managers.
Open the Sites menu on the toolbar and click Create
Tip: You can also create a site from your My Sites dashlet: click Create Site.
Enter the site details:
- Name: The title of the site.
- URL Name: You'll notice that the URL Name is automatically created but you can edit it if you want.
- Description: Enter a description that will help users know what the site is for.
- If you have modules such as Records Management installed, then there will be an additional Type option. Select Collaboration to create a standard site.
Select the site visibility:
Note: The visibility setting you select is displayed next to the site name when a user is in the site. See Alfresco sites for more information on site visibility settings.
- Public: All users can view a public site in their own organization, whether or not they have joined the site. Users who join the site are listed as site members and can work with the site content, depending on their assigned roles.
- Moderated: The same as a Public site but the site manager must approve a users request to join.
- Private: Only available to the site manager and any users added to the site.
- Click Save.
You'll see the dashboard for the new site which you can now customize. Sites that you create are automatically added to your Favorites list.
This video shows you how to create a site in Alfresco.