- Click the Search topics button in the Contents toolbar.
- Select Search selected topic or Search selected topic and all subtopics from the menu. A search window appears.
- Enter your search query in the search window and click OK. The search results are listed in the Search Results view.
A flexible platform for web developers
Often when new websites and web applications are created for new business initiatives, the initial focus is solely on the customer who is going to be visiting the website. Dynamic web applications are created using modern frameworks—like Spring Surf (for Spring MVC)—on top of lightweight, open source databases to serve up dynamic content. The problem comes when the business users (content owners) want to begin updating the content. Now developers have to tackle adding content management features instead of front-end website improvements.
Web Quick Start is a customizable example of a dynamic website built in Spring Surf—but with an Alfresco Share content repository for full-featured content management built right in. Now developers can stay focused on end-user functionality and let Alfresco Share take care of content management for the business.
Collaborative web content creation
Users need the flexibility to use their tool of choice when creating and updating web content. Web Quick Start provides:
- In context web editing: Using standard web browsers, users can select content from the editorial site by navigating the website and edit it right in their browser.
- Office-to-Web: Users can draft content using MS Office, collaborate in real time through Google Docs, and then use automated rules to publish to the web (maintaining the CSS standards of the site).
- Shared Network Drive: Leveraging industry standards (CIFS) users can map the web library as if it were just another network drive. This allows users to simply drag-and-drop new web content from their desktop to the web.
- Powerful sharing features: Alfresco’s Share interface allows for easy sharing, collaboration, and co-authoring, along with automated rules and worflows, to help manage the review, approval, and publish process.
The Alfresco web library provides support for all web based content (including text, images, video, and audio files).
Web Quick Start makes it easy for non-technical users to change the website without the need to resort to development. Given the right security setting users can:
- Create new sites: Sites can be created to support specific marketing campaigns (such as a new micro-site to support the launch of the next video game). A simple wizard guides the user through the site creation process.
- Modify navigation: Site navigation can be modified without the need to reprogram or use complex XML configuration files.
- Define dynamic content collections: Content owners can define dynamic content sets that will automatically update each time a user visits the site, such as showing the latest three customer case studies on the home page.
An open platform
Distributed under the Apache software license, Web Quick Start provides the perfect development platform for building content-driven, Java based web applications. Web Quick Start is built using open source software and open standards including Java, CMIS, Spring, Spring Surf, and REST.