This section lists the most common mistakes to avoid when administering an Alfresco environment.
- Not keeping extended configurations and customizations separate in the shared directory. Do not put them in the configuration root. If you do, you will lose them during upgrades.
- Not ensuring that the database driver is copied to the application server lib directory when installing.
- Not testing the backup strategy.
- Making changes to the system without testing them thoroughly on a test and pre-production machine first.
- Failing to set the dir.root property to an absolute path location.
- Not fully shutting down a running instance of Alfresco, so the next time you try and start it, Alfresco says: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080 (especially on Linux).