Before starting an upgrade:
- Validate your requirements.
- Backup your production data.
You must perform a test upgrade using a backup copy of the repository before attempting to upgrade your production environment. Therefore, it is important that your backups are up-to-date.
Ensure that you have backed up your production environment, for example, back up your database and content store (alf_data directory).
- If you are upgrading from a version of Alfresco earlier than 4.0.x using the installer, you
need to set the following properties in alfresco-global.properties before
- If you have any customizations (for example, AMPs) in your existing Alfresco installation, recompile all Java code against the new version of Alfresco and regression test against the new version of Alfresco.
- When you upgrade Alfresco with Oracle, the Alfresco user needs more privileges than connect and resource. At minimum, the Alfresco user should have permission to delete objects. A safer option is to give a sysdba role for the upgrade process only. After the upgrade, this role should be removed.