Glossary terms starting with the letter E.
- See Enterprise Content Management.
- Embedded API
- Enterprise Content Management
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a set of technologies used to capture, store, preserve and deliver content and documents and content related to organizational processes. ECM tools and strategies allow the management of an organization's unstructured information, wherever that information exists.
- Enterprise to Cloud Sync
- The Alfresco Enterprise to Cloud Sync feature lets you work with your content without you needing access to the on-premise system. After you synchronize content to the cloud, the on-premise and cloud instances of your content are automatically synchronized with each other whenever either version is updated. This relationship continues until you unsync the content.
- Exchangeable Image File Format
- Exchangeable Image File Format (EXIF) is a metadata standard used to store technical imformation about digital images. Software such as ExifTool allows you to manipulate this metadata.
- execution script
- See Exchangeable Image File Format.
- The <extension> directory is where you store files that extend
and override the Alfresco default files. When Alfresco is installed, there are sample
files in this directory. Many of these files have a .sample suffix,
which must be removed to activate the file.
For example: for Tomcat, <extension> is:<TOMCAT_HOME>/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/