Glossary terms starting with the letter W.
- WAR file
- The Alfresco Web application ARchive (WAR) file is for deployment in existing application servers.
- Web Content Management
- Web Content Management (WCM) is an Alfresco product for the rapid deployment of web content, allowing users to create, develop, and maintain content for websites.
- Web Editor Framework
- Web Quick Start
- Alfresco Web Quick Start (WQS) is a set of web site design templates and sample architecture, built on top of the Alfresco Share content management and collaboration framework. With Web Quick Start, developers can build customized, engaging, dynamic web applications with powerful content management features for the business users without having to start from scratch.
- web script
- Web scripts allow you to extend or customize Alfresco and make it accessible to other tools and applications. Alfresco supplies several example web scripts. Web scripts are bound to an HTTP method and custom URL, and are activated by URL calls. There are two types of web script: data and user interface. Data web scripts return data, and user interface web scripts build user interfaces within the Alfresco web client, or within third-party applications.
- Web Script Runtime (WSR)
- A Web Script Runtime is the environment (that is, the host) within which a web script is executed. There are three Web Script Runtimes available: Servlet Runtime (HTTP Access), JSR-168 Runtime (Portlet Access), and JSF Runtime (JSF Component Access). New runtimes may be plugged-in allowing web scripts to be re-used and re-hosted in a number of different applications.
- Web Services API
- A WSDL based API providing standard remote access to the Alfresco repository from any client environment, for example, PHP, .NET, Java.
- The <web-extension> directory is where
you store files that extend and override the Alfresco
default files for Alfresco Share. When Alfresco
is installed, there are sample files in this directory. Many of the
files have a .sample suffix, which must be
removed to activate the file.
For example: for Tomcat, <web-extension> is:<TOMCAT_HOME>/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/
- Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning. A protocol that allows users to edit and manage files on remote web servers.
- See Web Editor Framework.
- Whitelist is a generic name for a list of email addresses or IP addresses that are considered to be spam free.
- A workflow is a work procedure and workflow steps that represent the activities users must follow in order to achieve the desired outcome. Alfresco provides two different types of workflow: simple and advanced. Simple workflow defines content rules for a space. Advanced workflow provides two out-of-the-box workflows (Review and Approve; Adhoc Task).
- See Web Quick Start.
- WSDL (Web Service Definition Language) is an XML format for describing network services as a set of endpoints operating on messages containing either document-oriented or procedure-oriented information. Source: http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl
- See Web Script Runtime.