- installed and activated Windows 2008 Server
- installed and activated Microsoft Office 2010
- logged on to the Windows Server as a user with administrator rights
Double click the MSI installer package
The Welcome screen opens.
The license information screen displays.
- Click Next.
- Select an installation folder or accept the default folder, and then click Next.
Select the TCP/IP ports used by the Document Transformation Server.
The default values are 8080 (HTTP) and 8443 (HTTPS) but you can also use the standard ports 80 and 443 (or any other port) if this fits better into your network infrastructure.
Click Next to start the installation.
You see a progress bar and a command line window during the installation. The installer will show a confirmation when the installation is finished.
- Click Next to finish the installation.
Verify that the installation has completed successfully.
- Check the Windows Services in the management console.
- Locate the new service called Transformation Service, and check that it is Started.
Depending on the access that the Document Transformation Server has to the Internet when transforming a file, this check can delay the operation for up to two minutes, and will therefore, delay transformation of the file.
To prevent this, use the Windows server firewall to block internet access for all office binaries.