A 3 digit versioning scheme is used, major.minor.patch (e.g. 2.1.0). The following is a list of changes that can go into each one of these releases:
- Backward incompatible changes (e.g. changes in the archetype project structure, functional changes in archetypes POMs, functional changes in existing profiles)
- Changes in the artifact naming
- minor Cannot change existing behaviors (e.g. existing profiles semantics, build lifecycle, archetype structure).
- New features (e.g. new alfresco-sdk-parent, new archetype profiles, new properties)
- New artifacts
- patch Ideally no changes to the code of the archetypes.
- Bug Fixes
- Limited changes to SDK parent and Alfresco Plugin
Note that in addition to this there can be beta releases to give early access to features.