The Document Transformation Server is a stable, fast, and scalable solution for
high-quality transformations of Microsoft Office documents. It is an enterprise alternative to
The server features an open architecture, and it offers the following features:
- High quality
- The Document Transformation Server uses genuine Microsoft Office software to transform MS
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents to PDF. This guarantees the handling of all Office
files and pixel-perfect transformations, and it corrects previous layout issues in the
Share preview feature.
- The Document Transformation Server communicates with Alfresco using an HTTP REST API, which
means that you can scale up by adding multiple instances of the server and connecting
them through a standard HTTP Network Load Balancer.
- If Microsoft Office can open and transform your document, then so can the Document
Transformation Server. Robust error handling will take care of corrupt and encrypted
documents. A Web Console shows you a detailed report if there is a problem during
transformation, allowing you to correct documents.
- The Document Transformation Server is two to three times faster when transforming
multi-megabyte Office documents when compared with LibreOffice on the same hardware.
- Extensible format support
- The Document Transformation Server supports the transformation of MS Office formats.