Once you have upgraded, follow these steps to validate the new installation.
Restart the Alfresco server.
The configuration overrides ensure the server immediately directs data to the appropriate locations.
- Monitor the startup log messages for information on the status of the upgrade.
- Validate the new installation using a blank repository.
- Configure the new installation with a new repository (not the existing one).
- Verify the database connection details and Alfresco data folder locations are set according to the environment in which the server is running.
- Start Alfresco and validate the system works correctly.
- Shut down Alfresco.
- When you are certain the new installation is thoroughly validated, remove the old Alfresco installation and repository.